The Boone EDC recently hosted the Boone County HR Roundtable. This event is an opportunity for HR professionals in Boone County to network with each other while hearing about a topic relevant to their field.
We’d like to thank the team at Ken’s Foods in Lebanon for being our gracious hosts!
The topic for the event was communications strategy and how it impacts recruiting. Here are a few key takeaways provided by our guest speakers Rae Hostetler (Hostetler Public Relations) and Carmen Diener (Proforma Kissel Marketing LLC):
- Your public relations plan is all about your people. How are you communicating your image?
- When building your public relations plan, be sure it includes goals, messages, audiences, tools for communicating and a timeline.
- Job fairs can be intimidating to job seekers. Make yourself standout and be approachable.
- Be sure to collect information and follow-up with job seekers you meet at a job fair.
- Consistent branding is important when attracting potential employees.
- Promotional items motivate potential employees and drive them to take the desired action.
The Boone EDC is hosting a job fair on Monday, April 15 from 4-7 p.m. at the Whitestown Municipal Complex. Early-bird registration opens March 4.
We host HR Roundtables quarterly. To be added to the email list for the next event, please email Molly.