Holiday fun abounds in Boone County this month! Check out some of what’s happening:
- Enjoy the day shopping from local craft artists on December 1 at Zyntango Farm’s Holiday Market.
- Take part in holiday festivities in Lebanon on December 1 beginning at 9:30 a.m. at Memorial Park. The fun continues throughout the day and concludes with a parade at 6 p.m.
- Enjoy breakfast with Santa on December 1 from 8:30-11 a.m. at the Advance Fire Station 51.
- Visit the Carol of Homes Holiday Home Tour on December 1 that will feature six decorated homes in Zionsville. The homes will also have the Zionsville Show Choir students performing their favorite Holiday songs.
- Swing by the Whitestown Municipal Complex on December 1 for the Humane Society for Boone County’s Whiskerfest which includes Santa photos for your pets or kids, vendors of all kinds, adoptable dogs and cats and microchipping for your personal pets.
- Enjoy Holiday Story Time at Black Dog Books in Zionsville at 10 a.m. every Saturday (December 1, 8, 15 and 22) during Christmas in the Village.
- Stop by Dull’s Tree Farm in Thorntown on December 2 for Newfound Dog Day. The South Central Newfoundland Club will be on the farm with their big woolly dogs to pull your tree from the field to the processing area.
- Celebrate the holidays with some of your favorite princesses! Snow White, Rapunzel, the Frog Princess and the Snow Sisters will all travel to the Whitestown Municipal Complex on December 2 for a Princess Christmas Ball.
- Enjoy Holly Jolly Christmas at the Thorntown Public Library on December 3 where kids can visit with Santa, experience magic by Marc Lehmann, make a craft, and see Silly Safaris.
- Take the kids to the Hussey – Mayfield Memorial Public Library in Zionsville on December 5 for The Nutcracker Story Time to listen to The Nutcracker; as told and performed by beautiful dancers including Clara and the The Sugar Plum Fairy.
- Ladies, grab your friends and make it a night of shopping and dining in Zionsville during Ladies Night at Christmas in the Village on December 6.
- Bring your imagination and come prepared to create a holiday masterpiece at the Gingerbread House Decorating Event in Zionsville on December 8 to benefit the Caring Center.
- Take the kids to Jamestown on December 8 from 4-8 pm. for Soup with Santa at the Fire Station.
- Parents and children can search for snowflakes in Zionsville businesses, restaurants, and galleries during the Snowflake Seek & Find on December 8. After the Seek & Find, meet Santa and enjoy horse-drawn wagon rides.
- Talent Factory Arts & Dance presents their 4th annual Holiday Showcase at 6 p.m. at the Zionsville Performing Arts Center.
- Feeling like a Grinch? Celebrate the holidays at the Thorntown Public Library’s Merry Grinchmas Party on December 11. Meet the Grinch and get your picture taken with him while enjoying games, crafts and snacks.
- Bring your baby to Books ‘n Babies Holiday Lights on December 12 for lots of sparkly lights and bubbles. This very beginner lap sit program includes songs, rhymes, fingerplays, a short book and play time.
- Santa will bring the magic of the holidays to Zionsville neighborhoods while riding atop a fire engine. Nightly routes will start on December 12 and go through Christmas Eve. See the Zionsville Fire Department Facebook page for details.
- Grab your friends and head to Dull’s Tree Farm in Thorntown on December 13 for a Santa painting class.
- Take a leisurely stroll through downtown Zionsville and enjoy samples of seasonal beverages and special small plate offerings from some of the best restaurants and merchants during Christmas in the Village Christmas Crawl on December 13.
- Explore dozens of tiny houses and visit the Tiny Wonderland Village at the Whitestown Municipal Complex to enjoy kids crafts, live entertainment and local brews from December 14-16.
- Kids can visit with Santa and Mrs. Claus at the Whitestown Municipal Complex on December 15 during Santa’s Workshop.
- See Santa onboard a fire truck as he makes the rounds through neighborhoods in Whitestown during the Santa Parade beginning at 6 p.m. on December 15.
- Join the Witham Family YMCA on December 15 for a hot breakfast and lots of family fun at their Party at the North Pole Breakfast with Santa event.
- Celebrate the official start of winter with carols and an evening stroll under the stars at the Zion Nature Center on December 21.