Need ideas for your weekend plans? Check out what’s happening in Boone County this weekend!
Thursday, August 15
- Enjoy Live Music on the Bricks at Auberge in Zionsville from 5:30 – 8 p.m.
- Attend a free beginner Fly Fishing 101 class at Moving Waters Outfitters in Zionsville beginning from 6 – 8 p.m. It covers all the basics you need to get started on the water.
- Race into Scouting at Thorntown Elementary School beginning at 6:30 p.m. Boys in grades K-5 from Thorntown and Granville Wells Elementary Schools are invited to attend. Race car kits will be provided for the kids while information on Boy Scouts will be shared with the adults.
- Partake in the Wine and DeBrand Chocolate Pairing at The Cork & Barrell in Whitestown beginning at 6:30 p.m. Be sure to RSVP!
Friday, August 16
- Celebrate Brad’s Books Birthday Party this weekend in Lebanon! They are celebrating their 1st year in business by having a 3-day Birthday Party & Sale, plus one person will WIN FREE BOOKS FOR A YEAR!
- Experience Polo at Sunset at Hickory Hall Polo Club in Whitestown from 5 – 8:30 p.m. Bring your own food, drinks, seating, and tents to enjoy tailgating, music, and an airplane candy drop for the kids at this family friendly event. $20 per car.
- Get the family together and enjoy a free concert at the TDS Summer Concert Series located in front of the Whitestown Municipal Complex. Charlie Krone will start off the evening on stage when the gates open at 6:00 and Hyryder will take the stage at 7:30 p.m.
- Come out and enjoy Paul Holdman and Rebekah Meldrum in Concert at Moontown Brewery in Whitestown beginning at 8 p.m. This dynamic duo plays a mix of blues and gospel that’s sure to delight. $5 cover.
Saturday, August 17
- Purchase locally grown produce, plants, foods, coffee and tea, breads and pastries, pasta, peanut butter, eggs and meats at the Zionsville Farmers’ Market from 8 – 11 a.m. in The Friendly parking lot.
- Explore the Tru-Finds Treasures Flea Market in Lebanon for some great finds from 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. Papaw’s Sandwich Hut will serve breakfast and lunch.
- Shop local meat, produce, and artisan items at the Whitestown Farmers’ Market from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. in front of Whitestown Municipal Complex. Make your own garden decoration to take home.
- Bike with a Cop at the Big 4 Trailhead in Whitestown beginning at 10 a.m. Officers will teach kids about bicycle safety and guide them on a ride through the Whitestown’s Legacy Core.
- Experience the sights and sounds of the 38th Annual Traditional Pow-Wow at the Boone County Fairgrounds in Lebanon. Enjoy Native American dancing, singing, Red Road Specials, craft and food vendors from 10 a.m. – 9:30 p.m.
- Keep your pets cool by bringing them to Pups in the Pool at the Witham Family YMCA in Lebanon from 10:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. All dogs participating in the Pups in the Pool event should be current on all vaccinations to participate. Swim time is for dogs only, no humans will be allowed in the water.
- Donate your unwanted adult bicycles to Bikes for Vets at St. Alphonous Catholic Church in Zionsville from 12 – 5 p.m. The Knights of Columbus will have them refurbished and distributed to veterans and the homeless.
- Celebrate the 5th Birthday of Pleasant Paws Veterinary Care in Lebanon from 12 – 3 p.m. They will host an open house with food trucks, a bounce house, and more!
- Join in an Old Fashioned Summer Bug Hunt with Zion Nature Center staff at 1 p.m. Bring your insect net or borrow one of ours and meet in Elm Street Green in Zionsville to see what crawls, flies and buzzes among the meadow wildflowers. Long pants are recommended.
- Bring the entire family to Books & Brews in Zionsville from 4- 6 p.m. for Harry Potter – Family Friendly Afternoon Trivia.
- Support the Thorntown/Sugar Creek Fire Department’s Annual Fish Fry at the Thorntown Fire Department from 4 – 8 p.m.
- Enjoy downtown Lebanon at Augtoberfest from 5 – 10 p.m. with music, food, games, giveaways and frosty brews. Route 161 Ramblers and The Big 80s are the featured musical guests!
- Bring the whole family for a After Dark Movies in the Park featuring “Dumbo” at Tom Johnson Memorial Park in Thorntown! Bingo begins at 8 p.m. with the movie to follow at 9 p.m.
Sunday, August 18
- Experience the sights and sounds of the 38th Annual Traditional Pow-Wow at the Boone County Fairgrounds in Lebanon. Enjoy Native American dancing, singing, Red Road Specials, craft and food vendors from 10:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Celebrate Brad’s Books Birthday Party in Lebanon continues from 12 – 5 p.m. They are celebrating their 1st year in business with a Birthday Party & Sale, plus one person will WIN FREE BOOKS FOR A YEAR!
- Grab your pooch and beat the heat for the monthly Dog Walk along shaded park trails. The walk though Starkey Park begins at 3 p.m.
- Revel in Live Music Sunday’s at People’s Revel Room in Lebanon from 4:30 – 7:30 p.m.